What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.7 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

If I remember correctly, Merlin firmware wireguard does not support ipv6, but I could be wrong. I imported a dual stack config file and both ipv4 and ipv6 addresses show up in the gui. But I'm currently on ipv4 only.

However, in order to support it without ipv6 wan you will need to get an ipv6 to your lan.
Here's how I did it with Wireguard Session Manager addon:
https://github.com/ZebMcKayhan/Wire...-ov-file#ipv6-over-wireguard-without-ipv6-wan
I see, thanks. Shame that there's no support for IPv6 tunneling out of the box, hope this will be "fixed" in the future updates without having to rely on such hacks. I assume AsusWRT also has no dual-stack IPv6 support for Wireguard when you don't have a native IPv6 connection? Last time I used AsusWRT was before they added Wireguard, but if IPv6 works there I might as well go back to that.

Aside from the excellent script advice of @dave14305 your iPhone when iCloud pr is enabled in your network and you keep trying to access the internet at a certain threshold it will eventually give you an option to disable iCloud pr in that network(exception). This way when the mobile phone is out of the network iCloud pr is still in place so there is no need to turn on/off the iCloud feature.
Yeah I already had explored that feature. Unfortunately though, since updating to 388.7, I am having issues on devices with iCloud PR, even when it is disabled for this particular network (i.e. an exception in the network settings).

The only way for me to fix it for affected devices has been to completely disable iCloud PR in the iCloud settings (and not simply disabling it for this particular network). Not ideal for me.

This workaround also doesn't help the fact that when connecting to the router via vpn, the iphone thinks it is the mobile network that is blocking iCloud PR, and so prompts you to disable it for the mobile network entirely, when actually, it is the vpn connection back to the router via the mobile connection, that is blocking PR.

Probably the underlying problem is an Apple issue which this change in Merlin's firmware has just forced out of the shadows. But still, on 388.6 I was not seeing the issues I have seen with PR on 388.7, so @dave14305 's script is the best of both worlds for now.

@jerry6 ; @Jeff-
Thank you both for your very comprehensive comments.
I'll see if I install this bonus cooler knowing that I'm already reassured if my temperatures are correct without a fan.

I see, thanks. Shame that there's no support for IPv6 tunneling out of the box, hope this will be "fixed" in the future updates without having to rely on such hacks. I assume AsusWRT also has no dual-stack IPv6 support for Wireguard when you don't have a native IPv6 connection? Last time I used AsusWRT was before they added Wireguard, but if IPv6 works there I might as well go back to that.
I'm not sure it would be appropriate for the router to suddenly announce ipv6 to lan unless you have enabled ipv6 in the gui.
Furthermore the ipv6 you get in a Wireguard config is just a single ip, not a subnet to announce to your lan.
Even if it was a subnet, it's a ULA address, your LAN client will prefer ipv4 over using ipv6 with a private address.
I believe there are good reasons for why things are the way they are.
Even on stock asus fw you will need to enable ipv6 in the router to be able to use ipv6 over Wireguard.

pc_delete is a helper function for less technical users. It uses sed to edit files. It’s described in the wiki.

NOW you tell me... after banging my head against so many walls having to learn "sed"! ;)

pc_delete is a helper function for less technical users. It uses sed to edit files. It’s described in the wiki.

Could I please ask for some assistant installing the Private Relay script?

I have ssh into my AXE16000 and typed

nano -w /jffs/scripts/whatever-script

added @dave14305 script

Saved the file as applepr

Is this correct?

Upgraded from 3004.388.6_2 and had problems specifically with Roomba J7 devices. I have two of them. They would not stay connected to the 2.4 Ghz AP. They would connect and disconnect in an endless loop every few seconds. Showing only 1Mbps TX and RX rate when connected. A factory reset was done on the router but no change in behavior. Flashing back to 388.6_2 from 388.7 instantly solved the issue.

Logs show this on repeat: with disconnect being for unspecified reason

May 16 23:03:45 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(645): eth6: Deauth_ind B8:2C:A0:E3:2E:68, status: 0, reason: Unspecified reason (1), rssi:0
May 16 23:03:45 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(685): eth6: Auth B8:2C:A0:E3:2E:68, status: Successful (0), rssi:0
May 16 23:03:45 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(722): eth6: Assoc B8:2C:A0:E3:2E:68, status: Successful (0), rssi:-62
May 16 23:03:45 hostapd: eth6: STA b8:2c:a0:e3:2e:68 IEEE 802.11: associated
May 16 23:03:45 hostapd: eth6: STA b8:2c:a0:e3:2e:68 RADIUS: starting accounting session 62E2558BA645DF43
May 16 23:03:45 hostapd: eth6: STA b8:2c:a0:e3:2e:68 WPA: pairwise key handshake completed (RSN)
May 16 23:03:45 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(645): eth6: Deauth_ind 80:8A:F7:00:0C:80, status: 0, reason: Unspecified reason (1), rssi:0
May 16 23:03:45 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(685): eth6: Auth 80:8A:F7:00:0C:80, status: Successful (0), rssi:0
May 16 23:03:45 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(722): eth6: Assoc 80:8A:F7:00:0C:80, status: Successful (0), rssi:-42
May 16 23:03:49 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(645): eth6: Deauth_ind B8:2C:A0:E3:2E:68, status: 0, reason: Unspecified reason (1), rssi:0
May 16 23:03:49 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(685): eth6: Auth B8:2C:A0:E3:2E:68, status: Successful (0), rssi:0
May 16 23:03:49 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(722): eth6: Assoc B8:2C:A0:E3:2E:68, status: Successful (0), rssi:-63

AP settings are as follows:

1715920201363.png

1715920171443.png

@robynxo
Try to switch to wpa2 and disable "Protected Management Frames". (Capable is a must for wpa3)

Did you do a factory reset AFTER upgrading to 388.7?

Also disable OFDMA, MU-MIMO and Beamforming on the 2.4 GHz band. You want that band to have as few advanced features as possible since it will mostly be used to connect legacy devices that don't support 5 GHz, and therefore are often poorly compatible with new technologies.

Should both Beamforming options on the 2.4 GHz band be disabled? Or just one?
I have explicit B. enabled.

@Tyrfing take note... Might help your situation with the Garmins.