What's new

Diversion Diversion 5.1.3 - the Router Ad-Blocker, May 09, 2024

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Postconf scripts aren’t really meant to be run manually. They run during the generation of the conf file by the firmware.
OK, that's good to know. So can you confirm that that does indeed mean I didn't need to change the
Code:
CONFIG="$1"
line in your iCloud PR script (I know, off-topic for this thread. Sorry!) to make it
Code:
CONFIG="/etc/dnsmasq.conf"
? Which is what I did do to resolve the sed -i error I was getting when manually testing dnsmasq.postconf to see if your PR script was working.

That was what caused me to come across the sed -i error and line 42 errors that were occuring for the Diversion portion of the script.

Can you confirm that I do not need to worry about seeing these when running it manually, because they aren't supposed to be run manually in the first place?

Diversion 5.1.3 is now available

What's new

• Deregisters additional Dnsmasq instance IPs when rebooting. Thanks to @bibikalka for reporting
On some router models a reboot does not deregister virtual IP interfaces. This fixes it. @bibikalka you can remove the line in /jffs/scripts/unmount I asked to add.

I had to do another manual reboot, so the freq is about every 5-7 days. Seeking further tweaks!

I switched non-blocking IP to 16, and see this in the logs:
Code:
May 17 08:25:23 RT-AC86U-9988 avahi-daemon[7424]: Withdrawing address record for 192.168.1.17 on br0.
May 17 08:25:23 RT-AC86U-9988 avahi-daemon[7424]: Leaving mDNS multicast group on interface br0.IPv4 with address 192.168.1.17.

When I reboot, I only see this:
Code:
May 17 04:05:05 RT-AC86U-9988 avahi-daemon[7140]: Leaving mDNS multicast group on interface br0.IPv4 with address 192.168.1.17.
May 17 04:06:52 RT-AC86U-9988 avahi-daemon[3294]: Registering new address record for 192.168.1.17 on br0.IPv4.

I wonder if it'd make sense to "Withdrawing address record" as well upon shutdown.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!