What's new

GUI not showing 5GHz or 6GHz traffic

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mattkwi

New Around Here
So I recently added a managed switch into my home network setup. I am running Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.7. On the 'AiMesh' tab', when the router is selected, and I toggle the 'Network' window, Wireless - 5GHz and Wireless - 6Ghz traffic all shows 0s. I know that devices are connected to these Wireless networks as they show under that device when I check the client list. Not to many, my router is the only 6GHz capable device and my cell phone is using it. It does show 2.4GHz traffic, just not the other two. If I select either node in that same menu, they both report 2.4GHz and 5GHz traffic.

Adding the switch was during the same week as I did the latest firmware update, so can't confirm if it is that or the switch causing the behavior. I do know that information did show previously.

Equipment:
Router - GT-AXE11000
Node - GT-AX6000
Node - RT-AX86S

Both nodes are connected with ethernet backhaul via the switch. Devices are still moving between nodes without issue when tested so AIMesh behavior is still working as it should from what I can tell.

Any one else see this behavior or any ideas what could cause fix? Have rebooted. TIA
Screenshot 2024-05-11 072109.jpg
Screenshot 2024-05-11 072143.jpg

I'd assume mixing AXE class devices with AX class devices will give these types of inconsistent reporting.

I'd assume mixing AXE class devices with AX class devices will give these types of inconsistent reporting.
Well I've had all three running in Mesh for over a year and that consistently worked in the GUI until now. It didn't stop until either the last firmware update or when I passed them through the switch.

Can you (test) bypass that managed switch with a long enough cable, or, with an unmanaged switch, to see if the issue disappears?

Gotta play Captain Obvious here... These are the fronthaul figures you are looking at after electing the individual nodes? Because if you are looking at the backhaul, then it'll be 0 because it'll be using the wired link back to the switch!

Gotta play Captain Obvious here... These are the fronthaul figures you are looking at after electing the individual nodes? Because if you are looking at the backhaul, then it'll be 0 because it'll be using the wired link back to the switch!
Yes these are fronthaul. It does not have backhaul stats since it is the router supplying the nodes. It is actually displaying the 2.4GHz, just 0s on 5GHz and 6Ghz.

Can you (test) bypass that managed switch with a long enough cable, or, with an unmanaged switch, to see if the issue disappears?
Possibly. When I added the switch it was part of building a network closet and now everything is running through there, but I might have a long enough cable I can run around.

I'd love to know if anyone else with an GT-AXE11000 is having this issue on latest firmware just to rule that out.

Not this specific issue per se, but many examples here in the forums where the network is 'wonky' with a managed switch between a router and a node.

The only way to rule it out fully on your network is a full reset with a minimal and manual configuration.

I have had no problems with my AXE1100 using a 5 port 2.5 gb un managed switch

I have had no problems with my AXE1100 using a 5 port 2.5 gb un managed switch
Thanks for feedback. Just so we are clear I am not having any performance issues. Its just 5Ghz and 6Ghz network traffic is being reported as 0s on the AiMesh / Network section of my router gui. Is this reporting normal for you? My 2.4Ghz network traffic is showing and this only occuring on the router (AXE11000), not the nodes. Thanks

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!