What's new

Netgear WNDR3700v2 question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Laughing Goat

New Around Here
Hi folks - long time lurker, and I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions about why my Netgear WNDR3700v2 no longer allows me to see other machines.

I'm running the latest firmware (V1.0.0.36) with the latest GUI (V1.0.0.120), which I updated a month or two ago, and has caused no end of problems getting and staying connected. (The new GUI is butt, imho.)

I've clicked on, then off, the "wireless isolation mode", and for one brief shining moment I could see a desktop Mac from a Macbook Air, but that didn't last.

Is there a configuration option I'm overlooking? Should I try to downgrade the firmware? Or should I just pitch it? If the latter, what should I replace it with?

Thanks for any insight!
LG.

Hi folks - long time lurker, and I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions about why my Netgear WNDR3700v2 no longer allows me to see other machines.

I'm running the latest firmware (V1.0.0.36) with the latest GUI (V1.0.0.120), which I updated a month or two ago, and has caused no end of problems getting and staying connected. (The new GUI is butt, imho.)

I've clicked on, then off, the "wireless isolation mode", and for one brief shining moment I could see a desktop Mac from a Macbook Air, but that didn't last.

Is there a configuration option I'm overlooking? Should I try to downgrade the firmware? Or should I just pitch it? If the latter, what should I replace it with?

Thanks for any insight!
LG.

Can I assume all was good and you made some settings change in the router? Or was all good before you updated firmware?

This is most certainly a setting issue. Worst case you can restore the router to factory settings and start from scratch. But I assure you the router works the way that you want it to.

Bob Silver
Netgear AV Consultant

There used to be a bug in the older chipset vendors board support packages (this is what the branded folks build from, most of them don't write their own code) where enable multicast was inverted - you have to do the opposite - this was true with linksys, might also be true with Netgear - give that a try...

There used to be a bug in the older chipset vendors board support packages (this is what the branded folks build from, most of them don't write their own code) where enable multicast was inverted - you have to do the opposite - this was true with linksys, might also be true with Netgear - give that a try...

Thanks for the suggestion - I tried that, and disappointingly, it didn't help, although the switch back to "Wireless Isolation=Off" again briefly enabled my machines to see one another. Alas, that didn't last....

Thanks for any insight!
LG.

After upgrading firmware did you restore settings back to defaults then resetup router from scratch? Thats an important step especially with the last upgrade for the 3700v2.

genie

I'm seeing very irregular ping times after the upgrade to the Genie firmware. Netgear doesn't have 1.0.0.36 on their website anymore for the 3700v2. Browsing the network takes forever.

Wondering if the overhead of the new firmware is too much for the processor to handle. We have 40 devices but they are rarely on at the same time.