What's new

QSW-M2116P-2T2S

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Clark Griswald

Very Senior Member
I just received my QNAP 20-port PoE++ switch, which will be replacing a GS728TPP.
Most challenging part of installing this switch, will be getting The Family away so the network can be down.

IMG_7821.jpg
IMG_7822.jpg

Tell them they're going on a trip! :D

I just received my QNAP 20-port PoE++ switch, which will be replacing a GS728TPP.
Most challenging part of installing this switch, will be getting The Family away so the network can be down.

View attachment 58442 View attachment 58443
I like the switch OS. The last time I looked at it, it seemed like it was going out of date. Did they figure out a way to update it?

Can't you put the switch online and move devices over gradually so no one notices?

I hope the switch is cheaper than the Cisco small business switch which has a better OS.

The duds should be all destroyed by now, but be sure to check where they were sourced from first.

What I read is the CEO of that counterfeit group is going to prison for 7 years.

If you buy from a Cisco partner then Cisco will back it. I buy from a Cisco partner online as I am very low scale. So, I recommend always buy from a Cisco partner.

I don't think the Cisco small business networking equipment was ever counterfeited only high dollar enterprise gear.

As to the questions regarding the OS, this is my first qnap product (other than unmanaged 2.5GbE switches), and logging into the OS prompted to do updates, which my device needed two.
This is significantly easier to setup, than I was expecting. I don't have any fan noise issues with fans set to Normal in the fan controls, which I believe is a newer feature. Wasn't to concerned about the noise, since the switch is mounted in an enclosed rack.
EDIT: This switch runs HOT!!! Mounted inside a rack with PoE switched to OFF, and only running as a switch, this switch is too hot to touch. Fans are set to normal, but I will experiment with cooling options in gui.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!