What's new

What happened to the WNDR3300 review?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

geo

Occasional Visitor
On April 30th there was a news item saying this product was in the process of being reviewed. Is it still in the queue for eventual publication?

Sigh. I'm a member of their beta program and have visited their forums today and *I* didn't know it had gone live. Oy. I think they're trying, but they aren't super experienced on the communications front yet. :)

I've personally found 1.0.23 (and 1.0.22 before it) to be a signficant improvement over 1.0.14, but certainly not perfect. Anyway, good luck, and I look forward to reading your impressions.

And take a look at the effects of unchecking the WMM box on the QoS page. ;)

And take a look at the effects of unchecking the WMM box on the QoS page.

I did with the previous firmware and didn't see anything significant.
Has the behavior changed, and if so, in what way?

I did with the previous firmware and didn't see anything significant.
Has the behavior changed, and if so, in what way?

Huh. Maybe it's the interaction with the client (Intel 4965AGN) then.

What I see is with WMM checked and using 5GHz .n that typical web browsing can be very sluggish. Testing at www.speedtest.net is a typically easy way to show it. I was getting something like 150-300 kbps on downloads, and uploads would be somewhat better.

Uncheck WMM and I'd get more like 10,000-12,000 kbps (this on Comcast cable modem), and sometimes higher depending on the time of day.

I've mentioned that trick (unchecking WMM) to a few people at Netgears forums when they show up to complain about sluggish web browsing, and several of them have reported improvements by doing it.

For me, it seems to be mostly a 5GHz phenomenon though. I don't get it at 2.4GHz .n setting, which is where I'm at now. I get good signal strength (80%) for 5GHz and am usually sitting less than 10 feet from the router with no walls in between and in a suburban neighborhood with large lots (i.e. not much interference from the neighbors).

Your preview comment about "evidence of problems with the rate adjustment algorithms" on 5GHz sounds like possibly you agree, or possibly you're seeing the same problem from a different angle.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!