What's new

Ac88U vs AX88U/AX11000 range/coverage

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rockcanada

New Around Here
Hello,

I have read many pages, watched you tube videos and searched online but I can't find a firm answer.

I own a AC88U. It is on the second floor, I have a walk out basement with a Nest Cam basically just below the 1st floor or basement ceiling. Sometimes it cuts out or has a weak signal and is 2.4ghz. I have 300DL/UL but can get 1GB service. I am debating on investing on one of these two AX models to get better range and more reliability for the back of the house. For logistical reasons it's either all on the 2nd floor or basement for all my IT stuff. I am wondering how much better the range, reliability and improved DB I would get from the switch. Has others switched to my setup and had better range, DB etc??
The distance is about 30ft horizontal, 15ft vertical and if it had line of sight it be about a 45 degree angle from the router to the cam. It is a new build, wood walls and I'd guess it goes through about 4 walls and two floors. The router says the connection is -78dBm presently.

Hello,

I have read many pages, watched you tube videos and searched online but I can't find a firm answer.

I own a AC88U. It is on the second floor, I have a walk out basement with a Nest Cam basically just below the 1st floor or basement ceiling. Sometimes it cuts out or has a weak signal and is 2.4ghz. I have 300DL/UL but can get 1GB service. I am debating on investing on one of these two AX models to get better range and more reliability for the back of the house. For logistical reasons it's either all on the 2nd floor or basement for all my IT stuff. I am wondering how much better the range, reliability and improved DB I would get from the switch. Has others switched to my setup and had better range, DB etc??
The distance is about 30ft horizontal, 15ft vertical and if it had line of sight it be about a 45 degree angle from the router to the cam. It is a new build, wood walls and I'd guess it goes through about 4 walls and two floors. The router says the connection is -78dBm presently.
I live in a 2 story Villa (house) and no router could reach the second floor with a reliable or fast connection. I've tried the AC88U before, TP-Link Archer 5400X, Nighthawk X10, and now the AX11000, the range did not improve so I just setup my TP-Link Archer 5400X as an access point upstairs.

If you're thinking of buying this router to get better coverage which it does have but not enough to negate the use of an access point or extender, then save your money as it won't do magic.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!