What's new

Asus ZenWiFi XT9 wired port connectivity issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Unarmored6479

New Around Here
Recently purchased a pair of XT9 devices off Amazon. While setting up I've ran into an issue that I can't figure out.
Wired devices plugged directly into the main XT9 using ports 1-3 are not able to talk to other wired devices. Doesn't matter if they are 100M devices or Gig devices.
Those wired devices ARE reachable from WiFi at all times.

If I plug in an unmanaged gig switch and plug all my wired devices into that, and a single uplink into the XT9 device all my wired devices are able to communicate.

AP Isolation is off on all radios.
Firewall is disabled on the XT9.

What I've tried so far:
I have tried with both dynamic reservations and without.
Swapped cables.
Changed the devices plugged into the XT9 they all act the same.(raspberry pi, Dell computers, Synology devices)
Verified subnet mask is correct.
Verified no IP conflicts.
Tried a set of XT9 devices with the newest firmare.
Completed a factory reset on the devices with the newest firmware.
Purchased a second set of XT9 devices with firmware version 3.0.0.4.388_21963.

A reboot does seem to temporarily allow the hardwired devices to communicate but it stops within 15 minutes.

I'm at a loss, the fact I can always see the devices from a wireless device, or that they continue to communicate when I have an unmanaged switch in the mix makes no sense to me.

Other than this I've been pretty happy with coverage and speed, but this seems like a basic functionality that shouldn't have this kind of issue.

Thanks for any ideas you have.

Thanks for any ideas you have.
Firewall is disabled on the XT9.

You better enable the firewall unless your XT9 is behind another device with firewall.

Your ports issue may be firmware related. If the same happens after hard reset and manual setup - report it to Asus in Feedback Form, wait for firmware update.

You better enable the firewall unless your XT9 is behind another device with firewall.

Your ports issue may be firmware related. If the same happens after hard reset and manual setup - report it to Asus in Feedback Form, wait for firmware update.
Thanks for the reply.
Firewall is back on it was only turned off for testing.

Are they fairly responsive to issues like these?

Are they fairly responsive to issues like these?

Try few times to confirm the issue first. Look online for temporary workarounds. This system is fairly new and not very popular around. Asus is not very responsive to issues lately, unfortunately. They put on End-of-Life all AC models recently along with early AX products. Busy with BE products line and fixing the new 3.0.0.6 code for it.

Try few times to confirm the issue first. Look online for temporary workarounds. This system is fairly new and not very popular around. Asus is not very responsive to issues lately, unfortunately. They put on End-of-Life all AC models recently along with early AX products. Busy with BE products line and fixing the new 3.0.0.6 code for it.
Appreciate the information.
This is over multiple days of confirming the issue. I even bought another set of them to confirm it wasn't a hardware fault.
I haven't been able to find another person with the same issue.
The temporary work around is hanging a switch off, but at the price point I feel like 3 working network ports isn't too much to ask.

If anyone else finds this in the future.
I never could make this work properly seems like a firmware bug in the XT9. Never heard back from Asus at all, so I returned both sets.
Ended up with a ASUS RT-AX88U PRO while it was on sale.
Works as expected.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!