What's new

BE98 - reset needed - mesh consequences?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dragnet.nu

Occasional Visitor
My mesh was behaving strangely so I did a controlled restart from the web GUI of the BE98 (main node). After the restart the mesh worked fine again but I can't get into the web GUI of the BE98 again.
I guess that a factory reset is needed. I do have a fairly recent config file saved but will that restore the AiMesh with the node connections?

What is a controlled restart?

That is called a reset.

If you imported any saved backup config files afterward, you effectively negate the reset you just did.

The better reset is via the WPS button method.

Ideally, I (always) use all three methods:
Reset button, WPS button, and via the GUI methods (including checking the 'Initialize all settings...) one after another, followed by an M&M config.

That is called a reset.

If you imported any saved backup config files afterward, you effectively negate the reset you just did.

The better reset is via the WPS button method.

Ideally, I (always) use all three methods:
Reset button, WPS button, and via the GUI methods (including checking the 'Initialize all settings...) one after another, followed by an M&M config.

I would say a warm restart (just the button on the top of the start screen.
But semantics aside, I have a saved config file from a week ago and the router has been working fine for a week until now. (And I did not do any changes a week ago, just saved a backup.)

But does the config file restore the AiMesh?

I would say a warm restart (just the button on the top of the start screen.
But semantics aside, I have a saved config file from a week ago and the router has been working fine for a week until now. (And I did not do any changes a week ago, just saved a backup.)

But does the config file restore the AiMesh?
This went quite smoothly, reset button, connect to the router via a laptop, select "Advanced", upload the settings file and restart.
And the AiMesh configuration was restored as before :)

Semantics, i.e. using precise words, is essential when talking tech.

Glad your network is working again.