What's new

DDNS Update frequency increase for Asus DDNS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ceephis

Occasional Visitor
I am experiencing a couple of DDNs issues

Currently I am using the ASUS DDNS service (its free and that matters a lotto me right now) but as far as I know it is not updating daily (which is as often as I can seem to set it for on my Asus merlin router.

2 questions.

1. Is there a compatible free DDNs for asus Merlin routers you trust more than the ASUS DDNS?

2. is there a way to increase the refresh rate to an hour or so?

Thanask all for your wisdom and help

1. I use no-ip for my DDNS. it has not let me down in over 8 years with the same domain (unless something happened and I never saw it). I've recently seen a few posts mentioning Asus DDNS having problems.

Selection_023.png

TThanks so much for this recommendation I'll look into no IP

Here's the option I have for how often to check on my router running Merlin the most updated version for its model which is an rt-ac68r

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240501-164819.png
    Screenshot_20240501-164819.png
    50.5 KB · Views: 18
TThanks so much for this recommendation I'll look into no IP

Here's the option I have for how often to check on my router running Merlin the most updated version for its model which is an rt-ac68r
It'll change if you select noip in the dropdown list. Clearly things are different for Asus DDNS.