What's new

Does AiProtection work when dcd crashes?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Paliv

I know dcd crashes aren't new. I never had issues with it on my AC68U or AX86U. But on my new AX88U Pro running stock firmware I have them every 10-30 minutes when Trend Micro services are running. I don't really care about the log, if I'm having an issue I need to see in the log I can disable them and troubleshoot. My question is if AiProtection continues to work even as the dcd service restarts? Does anybody know. I tried to test with wrs49(.)winshipway(.)com as soon as it hits the log, but I'm guessing the restart doesn't take very long and I might be missing the window of it not working. Traffic Analyzer stats seem accurate, though who knows what they are missing here an there, I would be curious if that works when dcd has crashed as well. Sorry if there is an answer on this, I poured through all of the dcd crash "tainted" posts and couldn't seem to find the answer on this.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!