What's new

Entware-ng

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

vrapp

When installing entware by entware-setup.sh, there's now the following message:

This feed is abandoned in October, 2015! Entware development is continued as Entware-ng. Please, consider upgrade to Entware-ng by typing

wget -O - http://entware.zyxmon.org/binaries/mipsel/installer/upgrade.sh | sh

I did it, and it upgraded, but then when I installed nano, nano did not work with the message "error opening terminal: xterm".

So it looks like today's entware-ng is not fully very compatible, and we install the one that is already outdated. If I'm right - is some upgrade in plans?

Through entware-ng, I just installed nano on my RT-N66U and it worked fine.

Maybe you have a terminal problem? terminfo maybe?

Did the upgrade again, nano worked ok after.

Anyways, perhaps entware-setup.sh could be updated - I understand it's Merlin's.

Anyways, perhaps entware-setup.sh could be updated - I understand it's Merlin's.

I think it's zyxmon's or ryzhov_al's.

Merlin just waits for a pull request from @ryzhov_al when an update is required.....(then I grab it for my fork :) )

How old is your firmware? Because ryzov_al updated the script back in december, so it should already be there in 380.57.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!