What's new

FEATURE REQUEST -- ability to turn on/off ports

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Andy1932

First post. Hope I'm doing everything correctly...

I have a few processes I like to occasionally access remotely. So, I like to only keep those ports open while I'm accessing.
Under:
Administration / Virtual Server/Port Forwarding, in the Port Forwarding List:

I wish there was an option to check/uncheck the ports I'm currently forwarding. As it is now, the only was to "uncheck" is to delete the entry.

Would require too many compatibility-breaking changes involved, so ain't gonna come from me if it ever does.

First post. Hope I'm doing everything correctly...

I have a few processes I like to occasionally access remotely. So, I like to only keep those ports open while I'm accessing.
Under:
Administration / Virtual Server/Port Forwarding, in the Port Forwarding List:

I wish there was an option to check/uncheck the ports I'm currently forwarding. As it is now, the only was to "uncheck" is to delete the entry.

If it is of some use to you, you can enable/disable port forwarding rule on shibby's tomato fw. In front of every rule you have checkbox you can select or deselect.

Gotcha. Thanks for looking into it and for your hard work with this.

You can always put your Port Forwarding rules into a script?

e.g.

Code:
#!/bin/sh

# Maintain a sorted list of the Virtual Server Port Forwarding rules table

if [ "$1" == "off" ];then
    logger -s -t "($(basename $0))" "Virtual Server Port Forwarding rules table flushed."
    nvram set vts_rulelist=""
    nvram set vts_rulelist_x="0"
    nvram set vts_enable_x="0"
else

logger -s -t "($(basename $0))" "Virtual Server Port Forwarding rules table reset and enabled."

# WARNING; Don't attempt to indent the following assignment statements!!!!
nvram set vts_rulelist="<DS-416 pppp0>pppp0>xxx.xxx.xxx.197>pppp0>TCP\
<Photo Station DS-110J>pppp1>xxx.xxx.xxx.195>80>TCP\
<Photo Station DS-416>pppp2>xxx.xxx.xxx.197>80>TCP\
<PLEX DS-110J>pppp3>xxx.xxx.xxx.195>32400>TCP\
<PLEX DS-416>pppp4>xxx.xxx.xxx.197>32400>TCP\
<DS-416 pppp3>pppp5>xxx.xxx.xxx.197>pppp5>TCP\
<DS-416 pppp4>pppp6>xxx.xxx.xxx.197>pppp6>TCP\
<DS-416 99999>99999>xxx.xxx.xxx.197>99999>TCP"

nvram set vts_enable_x="1"
    nvram set vts_rulelist_x="1"

fi

nvram commit
service restart_firewall

and enable the rules when appropriate?

One possible option might be to backup your settings with the port forwarding in place, and also make a settings backup without the port forwarding. You might then log in either using the Asus router app or via vpn or ssh and restore the appropriate backup as required. Not exactly an elegant solution. And you might have reservations about using the Asus app for remote access, that is assuming it would work: many of the features don't work on my RT-AC68U, but then again the app makes it quite clear that my Merlin firmware isn't supported, which is perfectly fair.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!