What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

A microSD card reader inside the n66u?? Even after owning it for more than 2 years this is new for me :D
AFAIK, they had the reader on the very early N66's, and later removed it. I think the only way to know if you have one is to actually open the case and look for it.

AFAIK, they had the reader on the very early N66's, and later removed it. I think the only way to know if you have one is to actually open the case and look for it.

Guess I have a small project on my hands...

Guess I have a small project on my hands...

Use guitar picks to open it. They are cheap, come in many thicknesses, and are usually readily available.

Personally, I just permantently borrowed some from my friends. ;)

To be honest, I don't know....
With your V20E9 on my RT-N66U, MicroSD card permissions works fine! Thank U very much, John!!!!!! I'm happy! :)
Безымянный.png

Last edited:
Use guitar picks to open it. They are cheap, come in many thicknesses, and are usually readily available.

Personally, I just permantently borrowed some from my friends. ;)
I like these....they have a 'stop' on the triangle points to keep you from going too far into the case. Multiple sources on eBay.
DisassemplyTool.jpg

Last edited:
I like these....they have a 'stop' on the triangle points to keep you from going too far into the case. Multiple sources on eBay.

Whoa... norton dns just blocked this website for:
Here is a complete list: (for more information about a specific threat, click on the Threat Name below)

Threat Name:
Infostealer.Gampass

Threat Name:
Trojan.Gen
Last edited:
John,

I have been using your firmware for a long time. Today I made the "mistake" of updating my routers' firmware to Merlin's latest 380.63. I am not really happy with it and want revert back to your firmware. ......
Can I ask why you are not happy with latest Merlin?

I just flashed Tmobile Cellspot to Merlin, and tried this version and latest Merlin, to compare the wifi signal strength, but cannot tell the difference. Right now I have toe forked version installed, and am thinking about to go back to latest version, but before that I would like to know your opinion. Thanks.

Whoa... norton dns just blocked this website for:
Here is a complete list: (for more information about a specific threat, click on the Threat Name below)

Threat Name:
Infostealer.Gampass

Threat Name:
Trojan.Gen

Is 'this website' on your quote above the snbforums.com website, or the main smallnetbuilder.com website (or both)?

Is 'this website' on your quote above the snbforums.com website, or the main smallnetbuilder.com website (or both)?
He quoted my post....I just grabbed the first picture link I found on eBay for those dissassembly tools. I changed my post to just upload the jpeg.

Just to double check, I ran a complete scan on my system, and as expected, it's clean. I can only assume that those with Norton DNS must have a lot of blank pages on eBay.

@punchsuckr - Just to avoid panic, you should edit your post to remove the link.

He quoted my post....I just grabbed the first picture link I found on eBay for those dissassembly tools. I changed my post to just upload the jpeg.

Just to double check, I ran a complete scan on my system, and as expected, it's clean. I can only assume that those with Norton DNS must have a lot of blank pages on eBay.

@punchsuckr - Just to avoid panic, you should edit your post to remove the link.

I already removed the links when i first posted... the existing links are only the threat's description.

EDIT:And I also removed the links for the descriptions as well if that's what you meant..
EDIT2: D'oh I think u meant ur quoted link.. removed as well.. :p

Last edited:
Hi John, Thanks for latest build. I experienced 68u fail to use QIS as it stuck on the PPPoe dial up username and password for ages. No matter method I tried was working, GUI factory default, hardware reset button, or even Webservice recovery page NVRam. I can confirm i have never experience this wizard problem. workaround: managed to manually setup everything.
I am also experiencing this problem on the new firmware. It will not auto configure my connection on wizard, I will try the manual way like you have suggested.

Re:
[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (V20E9)

Here we go again . It took 9 days for 2.4Ghz wireless to die. Nothing in logs.
As proposed I've set regulation mode to 802.11d about 7 days ago and it did not help.

I checked temperatures and it does not look as overheating , it was 56-57 C.
I checked from my phone with 'WIFI Analyzer' and the signal was stable and strong.
It was not badly defined 'Parental Control' ( I limit time to specific MACs ).

I changed WMM APSD to disabled ( as example of some wireless changes , don't think this has anything to do with the problem ) in Professional section and applied changes - and here my 2.4Ghz WIFI is alive again.

So I guess reinitializing WIFI with *any* change will fix the problem,I am curious to know what 'Apply' button does to WIFI system and maybe how to emulate it as API call.

Last edited:
Re:
[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (V20E9)

Here we go again . It took 9 days for 2.4Ghz wireless to die. Nothing in logs.
As proposed I've set regulation mode to 802.11d about 7 days ago and it did not help.

I checked temperatures and it does not look as overheating , it was 56-57 C.
I checked from my phone with 'WIFI Analyzer' and the signal was stable and strong.
It was not badly defined 'Parental Control' ( I limit time to specific MACs ).

I changed WMM APSD to disabled ( as example of some wireless changes , don't think this has anything to do with the problem ) in Professional section and applied changes - and here my 2.4Ghz WIFI is alive again.

So I guess reinitializing WIFI with *any* change will fix the problem,I am curious to know what 'Apply' button does to WIFI system and maybe how to emulate it as API call.
Sorry I don't have any other firmware related advice for you. Part of this fork is that I don't touch the wireless drivers/subsystem.

If I remember correctly you have an N66. How old is it? If it's approaching the 2 year mark, that seems to be the start of increasing failures of the ASUS supplied power supply, which can cause all sorts of strange problems. It may be worth trying a new power supply.

The apply button restarts the entire wireless subsystem, both radios, by issuing
service restart_wireless

If I remember correctly you have an N66. How old is it? If it's approaching the 2 year mark, that seems to be the start of increasing failures of the ASUS supplied power supply, which can cause all sorts of strange problems. It may be worth trying a new power supply.

Is there a source of high-quality replacement power supplies?

quick question, do you see any chance to implement one quick button turbo mode to overclock 68U to 1Ghz and I am on old 68U model and to keep this value forever even though unplugged.
The 'button' function was removed a long time ago since it's tied to the original CFE/bootloader (1.0.1.x) and doesn't work once you update to level 1.0.2.x.

But, this fork doesn't have the 'feature' where the nvram setting is reset on a reboot. Just set the overclock with

nvram set clkfreq=1000,666
nvram commit

and it will stick across reboots/power cycles.

If I remember correctly you have an N66. How old is it?
Yes , It is N66 and it is about 3 years old.
I will check power supply ,but I would expect bad power supply to wreak havoc to all subsystems and in my case 5Ghz is working fine.
Thank you for your help.

Yes , It is N66 and it is about 3 years old.
I will check power supply ,but I would expect bad power supply to wreak havoc to all subsystems and in my case 5Ghz is working fine.
Thank you for your help.
Not necessarily....I remember another person where it was just affecting his LAN ports.
But the other possibility is that you have some capacitors on the main board that are going bad which may be targeting a specific circuit.