What's new

Insignia NS-BRDVD4 Blu-Ray + Netflix streamer

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jay_S

Regular Contributor
I've had the Insignia (Best Buy's house-brand) NS-BRDVD4 for a few weeks. It replaces their NS-BRDVD3. There are some comparison photos of the two models in this AVSForum thread. I bought it primarily for use as a Netflix streaming box in our secondary TV viewing room. Our main home theater room has a PC for Netflix streaming.

It's $100 at Best Buy, which is a steal in my opinion. It has easily the best Netflix interface of any other blu-ray player. At the same price as the 1080p Roku streamer, you basically get a "free" Blu-Ray player in the Insignia. This made the decision for me.

I like it. It has a three-speed FF/RW and shows thumbnails of where you are in the video (after which it has to re-buffer). It streams HD when available. The picture quality is great. It will access your Watch Instantly queue but cannot browse or search the whole catalog - use a dedicated PC for this. It played the one blu-ray I tried without issue.

Overall it's been a great addition to our TV.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!