What's new

[Official] RT-N66U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.9235

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

WeekendWarrior

Occasional Visitor
As posted today:

ASUS RT-N66U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.9235

- Release Note -

Security Fixes
- Updated OpenSSL library to 1.0.2d
- Fixed CVE-2015-6949 buffer overflow issue, special thanks for Elvis Collado at DVLabs.
- Fixed Web server Accept-Language buffer overflow, special thanks for Elvis Collado at Praetorian.
- Fixed Web server URL handler buffer overflow, special thanks for Elvis Collado at Praetorian.
- Fixed CSRF and XSS vulnerability.
- Enhanced router login password and wireless password(WPA2) strength check method to against brute-force attack.
- Reject administrator to set too easy to guess login and wireless password to avoid brute-force attack.

New Features
- Added Bandwidth Limiter in QoS. Let administrator easily limit specific client's upload/ download bandwidth
- Independent mac filter for main wireless network and guest network. Administrator can set white list for main wireless network to only allow trust client connect to main wireless network and share network to guest with guest network
- Modified the network map client status. When chick the client icon, administrator can bind IP, change host name, change icon, block internet access or set time scheduling.
- Added client list view button on network map and help administrator easily monitor all client connection status.
- Time scheduling, Wireless MAC filter client drop down menu can show offline devices.
- [AiCloud] Show image EXIF info on image player
- [AiCloud] Auto rotate image on image player.
- [AiCloud] Files can be moved and copied.
- [AiCloud] Images can be uploaded to Picasa or Twitter.
- [AiCloud] Share link can be posted on Twitter, Plurk, weibo and QQ in AiCloud.
- [AiCloud] AiCloud can be used in AP/ media bridge mode.
- Added 3G/4G USB modem APN auto detection feature. In most cases, firmware can automatically find the ISP profile and establish link when 3G/4G dongle inserted to router.
- Added Android phone in USB modem/ USB Tethering --> Select USB device.

Modifications
- Added Meo and Movistar ISP profile.
- Adjusted Guest network mac filter maximum client number to 16
- Allow paste password on login page to fulfil some password management softwares requirement.
- Show current control channel while value is auto.
- Bandwidth limiter can accept decimal point.
- Unnecessary to reboot router after set allow only spcified IP address to enter GUI.
- Changed warning page style.
- Changed Cloud sync Dropbox URL encoding from UTF8 to BASE64.

Fixes
- Fixed setup wizard IE11 compatibility issue.
- Fixed Adaptive QoS game mode GUI issue.
- Fixed OpenVPN connection status display error.
- Fixed MAC clone abnormal issue
- Fixed cloud sync issues between router and ASUS webstorage.
- Fixed share link related issue to Android devices.
- Fixed web redirection issue when WAN IP conflicted.
- Fixed compatibility issues for IE8
- Fixed GUI related issues
- Fixed login issue when router’s IP is 10.x.x.x
- Fixed parental control-> time scheduling related issue.
- Fixed adaptive QoS device priority label dragging issue.
- Fixed network tool related issues.
- Fixed USB HDD issue when using time machine.
- Fixed network map UI issue when selected French.
- Fixed the saving issue in OpenVPN server -> content modification of keys & certification.
- Fixed dropdown UI offset issue at Parental control.

Download: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-N66U_B1/FW_RT_N66U_30043789235.zip

Last edited by a moderator:
I updated a few hours ago (was running beta 378.82xx) and everything seems to be functioning normally. I do love ASUS' continued support of hardware. Just saiyan

Same here. Been running this firmware for a few hours and have not noticed any issues.

Same here. Been running this firmware for a few hours and have not noticed any issues.

Dear Kayakj,

Do let us know if you have encounter any issue :)

Provide details:
Reset to factory settings: Yes/No
Print screen issue:
Remark:

Best regard,
ASUS Global
JK

I have problem, when i change 2,4 GHZ channel to 13 or 12, router reset my all 2,4 GHZ settings to its default ( bandwitch 20/40, channel auto (set to 6) ), so i change to channel 11 and work ok.

Reset to factory settings: YES

Last edited:
I have problem, when i change 2,4 GHZ channel to 13 or 12, router reset my all 2,4 GHZ settings to its default ( bandwitch 20/40, channel auto (set to 6) ), so i change to channel 11 and work ok.

Reset to factory settings: YES

Anyone can confirm such issue?

Best regard,
JK

today i will upgrade my n66u and check, becouse i use channel 13 in my location.

Channel 1 to 11 works fine, router save settings, but 12 and 13 reset channel to auto and bandwitch 20/40.

Another my settings is:
2,4 GHZ
N only mode
uncheck xbox mode and b/g protect mode
bandwitch 20 mhz
wpa2 Personal AES

I reset router twice,

My previous firmware 3.0.0.4.376.3861 works fine.
If you have questions I will gladly answer

Last edited:
Dear VANT,

Thank you. Do a factory reset if Channel 13 and 12 have problem.

Best regard,
ASUS Global
JK
i confirm this bug. After i set channel 13 and press aply all my settings is back to default - channel to auto etc.
i do factory default

Last edited:
i confirm this bug. After i set channel 13 and press aply all my settings is back to default - channel to auto etc.
i do factory default
Channel 1 to 11 works fine, router save settings, but 12 and 13 reset channel to auto and bandwitch 20/40.

If you have questions I will gladly answer

Dear VANT,

Thank guys. We will check and fix this on next build .

Best regard,
ASUS Global
JK

On 2.4 ghz band stopped broadcasting after a few hours of uptime. On view list didn't show 2.4 ghz devices connected while wireless log showed them as connected and connection time was increasing. On older firmware this happens occasionally too.
After install I made a reset to factory settings.

Dear VANT,

Thank guys. We will check and fix this on next build .

Best regard,
ASUS Global
JK
Thanks JK good to know you're on the case :D

Would that bug be classed as an urgent fix or just added for next time a build is pushed out?

@ASUS_ASUSWRT

Release notes contain the following line item

Fixed CSRF and XSS vulnerability.

Is it possible to get a little more detail similar to the descriptions of the buffer overflow fixes? Thanks for your help.

no, or i can't find this ;)

traditonal qos, bandwitch limiter etc.
not have aiprotection

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!