What's new

Recommended way to extend Wi-Fi signal.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Calvr1ch

New Around Here
Hi, I’m looking for some advice. I currently have an ASUS RT-AC86U router set up from my virgin media box.we have a summerhouse at the end of the garden (about 30mtrs away from the router) and was wondering what was best to get the Wi-Fi signal down there? We only watch Netflix etc down there. I am currently using TP Link AC1300 power adaptors but the tv keeps buffering a lot of the time. I am looking for something more stable. I would like to hardwire it but this isn’t practical. Any advice would be useful.

You can get a better Asus router like RT-AX86U Pro and use your End-of-Life now RT-AC86U as AiMesh node. This will cost you >$200, but you'll have better and supported main router. You can get a repeater, any brand. It will cost you $40-80 for AC-class depending on the brand and type. TP-Link has a bunch in this price range. There is no recommended solution, no one here knows your place. You have to find your own best solution.

Thanks for the advice 👍🏻
You can get a better Asus router like RT-AX86U Pro and use your End-of-Life now RT-AC86U as AiMesh node. This will cost you >$200, but you'll have better and supported main router. You can get a repeater, any brand. It will cost you $40-80 for AC-class depending on the brand and type. TP-Link has a bunch in this price range. There is no recommended solution, no one here knows your place. You have to find your own best solution.