What's new

RT-AX88U_3004_388.7_0

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

That fault will clear by disabling the usb drive share, but honestly this router is ready for the reset. That's all I can advise now.
2 Questions

1 If i reset will it fall back to Asus firmware and i need to upgrade to Merlin or it will sit with the latest Merlin firmware

2 Should I backup and export files or do setup from scratch?

Start from scratch.
A reset just takes the current firmware back to it's default settings - it won't change the version.

No. Downgrading is where you deliberately flash a previous version of the firmware.

No. Downgrading is where you deliberately flash a previous version of the firmware.
I use Aimesh, and if i connect the drive to 2nd Node with Samba enabled will it impact performance on the main router or just the node ?

I don't run aimesh. However I don't see samba even working on a node.

1715098387151.png

Moved over to new firmware - checking 2 things

But i have disabled Samba, and sharing this drive via another machine which stays on,
Will test 24 hours if it stays stable it might have been samba which was going crazy, on next firmware update will reset it just to be on the safe side.
Otherwise will reset it today

it was working normally, both router and 2nd node is connected via lan as its backroom usually stays more cooler hence i moved in that room
I don't have issue so far running samba on AiMesh, mine is Mesh on Wifi to main router. Samba on LAN to AiMesh node.

Did the downgrade on the firmware and it seems to much more stable,
Logging into gateway is much more response now as well
Did the downgrade this morning after 5th night with no WiFi. Previous version was by far the most stable version I've ever used.

Version 3004_388.6_2 is stable for me. At the moment though, I have upgraded to 3004_388.7_0 and did the hardware factory reset, then reconfigured everything from scratch. Will see how it goes. If it crashes in a couple of days, I'll just downgrade again, and wait for another update.
Please report back, I might do the same thing.

After downgrading to 3004_388.6_2 is everything rock solid again on my ROG GT-AX6000. Will stay on this version until next is released.

Will stay on this version until next is released.
And to the next release you will update again without a factory reset? I think you will get the next disappointment.

Please report back, I might do the same thing.
So far so good since doing the hard-reset on the 388.700. All is working fine. I have the following configuration and (point that I need to remember)

Unit is configured as an AP only - with the trunk cable going to the WAN port. I have 5 - VLANs coming in on the WAN port (eth0), and then configured across the Wifi as Home - Guests - Smart devices - VPN1 and VPN2. I cannot ping or access the AP configuration page or SSH into the device on the WAN port despite being on the HomeNetwork. - I can only access the configuration page via WiFi on Home (as it should be), or one the other ethernet ports that are on the Home network. The AP is unreachable on the WAN port, but perfectly fine on other Eth ports, and Wifi Home.

So far, the setup has been working fine over the last 3 days. I have rebooted the AP a couple of times when it was configured to verify that the VLAN configuration and settings remain after the reboot.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!