What's new

Test Update to Synology DS-209+ ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dichael

New Around Here
I've been interested in purchasing the DS-209+ ever since SNB did its review a few months ago. But since the test proceedures have changed, its a bit hard to compare to other newer products. I'm still very much interested in this model for my particular home use, but am unsure whether its still a pretty darn fast NAS... or not.

Will SNB re-test the syn with the new standard, and if so, when?

Thanks, and keep up the great work!!!

What could possibly outperform the 209+ in a 2 bay model? At this point I beleive the 209+ is in a performance class by itself. Its also priced accordingly!

Sorry, but we can't retest every NAS. We're retesting primarily products where the old test bed was limiting performance. While the 209+ is fast, the old testbed was not limiting performance.

However, since the DS508 and DS209+ are built on essentially the same hardware platform, you could make the argument that when equipped with the same firmware and drives and configured for RAID 0 that performance will be similar.

Thank you both for your replies. Using the 508 as a proxy is something that didn't occur to me (thus, the need for this site!).

Thanks again!