What's new

Thecus N3200 Pro

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jminiman

New Around Here
Please don't flame me - I'm new here! :)

I am looking at the Thecus N3200 Pro and am wanting to maximize the storage space in my NAS-to-be. Is it not possible to install 3 x 2 TB drives into the N3200 and enable RAID 5, providing 3 TB of total storage space? I keep reading that each slot is limited to 1 TB. 1.5 TB of NAS space isn't very much...

Thanks in advance for your help!

another new user here! I like the idea of using 2 nas units (especially the cost). My idea is to have NAS1 as my main file server and backs up nightly (3am or so) to NAS2. Now I want NAS2 to be "asleep" until 3am at which point it turns on to receive the backup and then switch off at 8am. I would then make a monthly backup from NAS1 to a usb drive which would be kept offsite.

At the moment I've got an old Linkstation Live NAS which supports backing up to USB and NAS, but in this case, I think NAS2 would have to be another Linkstation. Are there any linkstations that can have set sleep/wake-up times to reduce power consumption - or are there any other brands/pairs of NAS units that would achieve what I want?

Buffalo NASes will do network backups only to other Buffalo products.

The New LinkStation Pro XHL has programmable sleep/wake.

The NETGEAR ReadyNASes have the most flexible network backup options. Cheapest one is the Duo.