What's new

$120.00 upgrade for ASUS RT13U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

leaperk

New Around Here
I am looking to spend around $120.00 on a router and I would like to upgrade my router for a dual band one. The two routers that I am leaning toward:

1. RT-N66U
2. RT-AC56U

The heaviest streaming that I do is to two Rokus for HD content (A Roku 2 XS, and a Roku 3)

All other devices are currently N and do light web browsing

I have a small 1000 square foot house and the current router lives in the basement and I get coverage through out the house. I am looking for some opinions of people who have used both. The RT-N66U would be an upgrade over what I have but I am curious if the AC56U might be a better future proof option because of AC and a faster processor.

I am also curious if the 2.4 connection problems with the AC56U has been resolved with the latest firmware updates.

if u want something really good for all your current devices and something that can shine on 2.4GHz. get the n66u. it should do everything you need. if range and 2.4GHz performance is not your priority, or you would like to be futureproof. the ac56u is a great choice.