What's new

16Port Switch Suggestions.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jasons6930

Regular Contributor
Hi all,

I think i may have narrowed down my network issues to my current switch, a Linksys 16Port gigabit POE+ switch.

Don't really know why but it seems to be a bottleneck, casuing issues.

So, could anyone recommend an unmanaged replacement?

After having a quick look, there does not seem to be many that offer POE+ so non POE would be ok, but i will need to budget for two POE injectors for the Ap's.

Thanks

:)

Last edited:
If you can, you may want to run all non-PoE devices off another switch and use a lower-density PoE+ model for running just those APs -- should drop your cost and increase your options a fair amount.

If that's not doable, then I'd look at reputable L3 PoE+ managed switches. Not going to be cheap, but then again a rock-solid switch and enough ports and wattage can't be underestimated in most use-cases. I like Cisco, HP and Allied Telesis.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Yes I did wonder about separate switches as I have the edge router set up to enable all spare ports as switch ports.

My only concern is that by having two switches connected to the router may have an effect on performance?

I've had great experience with TP-Link switches. They also are a bit cheaper that other comparable ones, at least in my country they are