What's new

2nd VPN router and switching to non VPN router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Just use 1 WiFi network card, separate SSID's for each router and just bounce between SSID's. Quick and easy.
Perhaps I should've clarified a bit more... I'm coming off of a XB8 modem/router to a Asus AXE16000 that goes to a VLan switch while also having a Linksys WRT1900ACSv2 ... each of these 2 routers are directly connected to 2 seperate network cards on my Windows 10 Desktop.

The Asus has NordVPN installed directly to it while the Linksys is configured "normally".

I only have 1 Wifi device and that's connecting to the Wifi that's in the XB8 router.

The Asus is using 172.16.x.x while the Linksys is using 192.168.x.x to avoid DHCP issues but what I'm trying to do is.... be able to quickly switch between the 2 network cards so I can use the 1Gb speed that the "non-VPN" Linksys gives me while the Asus in VPN mode has about 165mb speed.

The speed sacrifice using VPN is crazy... You can see why I'm looking for a quick efficient way of switching between network cards for normal activities...

What about running VPN client on the PC itself? It's going to be much faster and easy to switch on/off.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!