What's new

3 models, which one to buy?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Chojo

Occasional Visitor
Hi,
I have found 3 models that I am interested in. The router need to cover basement, ground floor and a first floor. I also go outside with my laptop some times in the summer so range need to be somewhat good.

For my performances, I do not have many things plugged at the same time; 1 laptop, 1 printer, 2 cellphone. I will plug directly to my router my ps4, my desktop tower and my nas.

I have found a
- recertified linksys wrt1900 for 129.99
- asus 3200 for 259.99
- netgear r7000 for 179.99

all price are in CAD.

So, what would be the better buy you guys think? Feel free to propose other model.

Hi,
I have found 3 models that I am interested in. The router need to cover basement, ground floor and a first floor. I also go outside with my laptop some times in the summer so range need to be somewhat good.

For my performances, I do not have many things plugged at the same time; 1 laptop, 1 printer, 2 cellphone. I will plug directly to my router my ps4, my desktop tower and my nas.

I have found a
- asus 3200 for 259.99

all price are in CAD.

So, what would be the better buy you guys think? Feel free to propose other model.

If it were for me, the order of choice would be Netgear, Linksys, ASUS in this case. When I had R7000 it worked
well for me on dd-wrt(Kong's) . I have one more printer,
two IP cameras, two ipads, three laptops, etc. than you connected to the router. Now I am on Linksys EA8500. Since I got it, no issues. It just chugs along, runs very cool. Not rich is features though.

A ASUS RT-AC68U/Netgear R7000/TP-Link Archer C9 AC1900 (1699SEK) would work grate 4 u, or a TP-link Archer C2600 just cost 200SEK more here in Sweden anyway (1USD=8.20SEK).

Last edited:
Hi,

I have found a
- asus 3200 for 259.99

all price are in CAD.

Not an overkill? Versus < $100 routers?

They're all good...

The WRT1900ac Refurb is pretty interesting at the price (CAD$129) - solid performer there...