What's new

30 acre wifi configuration using AP/ Repeaters

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Techgeek?

New Around Here
Please forgive me ahead of time. I recently purchased networking gear- (1 AP/repeater/ router device) and desired to boost signal across 5 acres with the single antenna. lesson learned - 1 isnt enough.

So now I am working on a 30 acre parcel to incorporate wifi using AP (hopefully 3 of) and monitoring access/ usage at the main office. Any suggestions on equipment to use (antennas, AP, Repeaters) -

Currently replacing older equipment that was 2 omni antenna plugged into AP, then a 3rd directional antenna which I plan to phase out, and introduce a 3rd Omni antenna at later date. distance between antenna locations is estimated 500 to 700 yards. Current network has 3 computers, and surveillance systems using a Cisco commercial router- not wifi capable.

Also, are there any good courses or places to learn more on these kinds of setups?

Thanks

Is this a personal project or for a business?

The cheapest is to interview a few professionals in your area and hire the one that impressed you with actual information and the background resources necessary to pull this off successfully.

The best 'course' is hands on. But those also tend to be the most expensive too (particularly in your 'time'). No real course designed for what you want to achieve. Either you learn as you go, or, you pay (a pro) and get the end result sooner and cheaper.

So now I am working on a 30 acre parcel to incorporate wifi using AP (hopefully 3 of) and monitoring access/ usage at the main office. Any suggestions on equipment to use (antennas, AP, Repeaters) -

Going to need a lot more than a couple of AP's...

30 Acres = 1,306,800 Square Feet

Each AP is good for at most about 3000 sq ft... because of how WiFi does it's link budget, the limitation is largely on the client radios...