What's new

380.57 - IPTraffic kills 2.4GHz clients (RMerlin confirmed it's broken, search for NAT acceleration)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MarvinAndro

Occasional Visitor
Christmas started with flashing 380.57 on my RT-AC68U and that killed all of my 2.4 clients. I reverted back to 378.56_2 and didn't have time to touch it until after the new year. Flashed again to 380.57 a couple of weeks ago and saw others also having issues on the 2.4 channel when IPTraffic was enabled. I can confirm that if I lose the ability to track device usage by IP, things work but that's not what I want.

About a month since 380.57 came out I though I'd ask if anyone found, and potentially fixed, the issue with IPTraffic - sorry if I didn't hit the post if one had already answered this.

I'm back to 378.56_2 because I also have the VoIP issues reported - multiple ATA devices, Android native SIP in the Dialer, Obi on voip.ms, GV, Fongo, GrooveIP.

Thanks! M

Last edited:
Dis you do a restore to factory defaults and configure the router manually and minimally to secure it and connect to your ISP after flashing the new firmware?

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/no...l-and-manual-configuration.27115/#post-205573

I've trusted @RMerlin a lot over the years and almost never had to do that. On my last attempt to stay on 380.57, I did start clean and then restored my old settings via the backup scripts provided by @john9527 (thanks!, I'm from the vi/emacs days and love those). Even did it twice as I didn't use nvram-save-r22 the first round. That actually counts as 4 times as I tried both with and without the -m MIGR flag.

Going though all the steps in the post you provided will need more time than I've had for a while or will have any time soon.

Could someone please confirm that IPTraffic and 2.4GHz clients works fine for them on 380.57? None that I found in the forum vs some that claim had success with VoIP?

I've trusted @RMerlin a lot over the years and almost never had to do that. On my last attempt to stay on 380.57, I did start clean and then restored my old settings via the backup scripts provided by @john9527 (thanks!, I'm from the vi/emacs days and love those). Even did it twice as I didn't use nvram-save-r22 the first round. That actually counts as 4 times as I tried both with and without the -m MIGR flag.

Going though all the steps in the post you provided will need more time than I've had for a while or will have any time soon.

Could someone please confirm that IPTraffic and 2.4GHz clients works fine for them on 380.57? None that I found in the forum vs some that claim had success with VoIP?

The steps (reset to factory defaults) are needed as RMerlin states on the download page.

Nobody could be that busy that they don't have time to do this for themselves and their family?

The order of the steps are important. Did you flash the new firmware and then reset to factory defaults? Along with manually and minimally configuring the router to secure it and connect to your ISP? That would be the proper way to do it.

Just trying to discount any obvious mistakes. ;)

There's a documented issue on the forums that the RT-AC68U build loses 2.4 GHz wifi if NAT acceleration is disabled (which is what happens when you enable IPTraffic). You have to revert back to 378.56_2.

There's a documented issue on the forums that the RT-AC68U build loses 2.4 GHz wifi if NAT acceleration is disabled (which is what happens when you enable IPTraffic). You have to revert back to 378.56_2.
Thank you @RMerlin , short sweet and to the point. I'll continue to stay on 378.56_2. Hope you get better soon!

@L&LD - I wouldn't jump deep into what's good for your family or anyone else's family and start recommending what people should do. I should probably listen to my wife and get an OnHub router that has virtually nothing to tweak on and not be on online forums at 2pm on such a sunny day when there's so much for the kids to do in Toronto. Ctrl-D.

@L&LD - I wouldn't jump deep into what's good for your family or anyone else's family and start recommending what people should do. I should probably listen to my wife and get an OnHub router that has virtually nothing to tweak on and not be on online forums at 2pm on such a sunny day when there's so much for the kids to do in Toronto. Ctrl-D.

This is what you get when you try to help some people. o_O

I didn't recommend you do anything. Gave you some steps you could have answered you followed or not with. The other comments? Just musing 'out loud'.

Glad RMerlin gave you the definitive answer.

I wouldn't jump deep into what's good for your family or anyone else's family and start recommending what people should do. I should probably listen to my wife and get an OnHub router that has virtually nothing to tweak on and not be on online forums at 2pm on such a sunny day when there's so much for the kids to do in Toronto. Ctrl-D.

Ward, don't be too hard on the Beaver, he's just trying to help ;)

Sometimes snark doesn't translate well on forums...

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!