What's new

4th Time Resetting XT8 and ET8 combo to factory settings

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ashitson

New Around Here
I’m not sure if this is a thing or not. I apologize in advance… I’m new here. I bought my first 2 Asus ZenWifi XT8 6600 used on eBay about 3 years ago. The 2 worked ok in my 2500 sq ft home but I had some dead zones. After owning them 1 year I decided to add 1 more XT8 node. Helped for a while and was still having some connection issues. 6 months later I found a deal I couldn’t pass up on two more XT8s. At this point I have 5 XT8 nodes throughout my home. A year later I found a deal of a lifetime once again! 2 ET8s for $100, what??? Yes, $100!!! So, I reset my whole system using the ET8 as my main node connected via Ethernet to my modem. Put the second ET8 by my PS5 and ran Ethernet to it. Then strategically placed the 5 XT8s throughout my home. Stay with me here, 7 total nodes in 2500 sq ft here. Well, since I reset the whole system this last time using the ET8 as the main, I’ve ran into the problem of no internet to the main ET8 the red light tonight for the 4th time. It’s now almost 6 am and after factory resetting every node and waiting on them to add or fail, fall asleep or get frustrated, I am finished!!!! Why does this keep happening??? I did check for an update 2-3 days ago and updated all the nodes. I also, upgraded my internet Spectrum from 400 meg to the 1 gig service yesterday. I’m only getting the 1 gig speeds if it’s Ethernet straight from the modem to the computer. Over WiFi I’m still in the 400s-500s. Could this be why I lost connection once again and had to start from scratch? This time I swapped the 2 ET8s for the main. Is there a way to fix this without having to reset every node? Do I have too many nodes? Should I not be using XT8 and ET8 together? Help?

Last edited:

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!