What's new

5 Ghz tweak for Beta Version 3.0.0.4.354

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

klwillis

New Around Here
I noticed that my 5Ghz signal strength was not as strong as I thought the router capable of. I made a change to the Channel bandwidth for 5Ghz band from 20/40/80 to 40 and my signal strength is noticeably better.

I have TX strength set to its max.

With version 354 I am seeing more throughput also.

Hope this helps those with 5Ghz signal strength issues it made a difference for me.

I have had the channel bandwidth för the 5 GHz band set to 40 MHz for several months now and the TX set on 80 after trying to set higher values without any improvement. The problem is that after a couple of days , about 5 in my case the signal strength drops. I have been waiting for a new stable Broadcom driver now for many months....

I noticed that my 5Ghz signal strength was not as strong as I thought the router capable of. I made a change to the Channel bandwidth for 5Ghz band from 20/40/80 to 40 and my signal strength is noticeably better.

I have TX strength set to its max.

With version 354 I am seeing more throughput also.

Hope this helps those with 5Ghz signal strength issues it made a difference for me.

I have had the channel bandwidth för the 5 GHz band set to 40 MHz for several months now and the TX set on 80 after trying to set higher values without any improvement. The problem is that after a couple of days , about 5 in my case the signal strength drops. I have been waiting for a new stable Broadcom driver now for many months....

I have likewise experimented with the Tx power setting and, using inSSIDer to look at signal strength and LAN Speed Test to measure throughput, have seen absolutely no change in signal or throughput when advancing power beyond 80 mW. I have, however, seen signal strength drop below the 80 mW setting. So I've just left it there.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!