What's new

802.1Q and 802.3ad LACP in AP Mode

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

joltman

New Around Here
I'm currently running stock Asus 3.0.0.4.374_979 in AP only mode. I'm looking for a specific feature, and I'm curious if Merlin's FW supports it. What I'd like is to use the RT-AC66U in AP only mode as well as LACP mode with a trunk back to my switch, and have the ability to assign a VLAN ID tag to the different SSIDs. For example, this is my setup:

Code:
Comcast--->pfSense--->HP 1800-24G|--->Asus AP (WiFi 10.0.0.x/24
                                 |--->All other network devices (10.0.0.x/24)

What I'd like is for the pfSense to use VLAN tags to separate out networks. Say VLAN 1 for internal, VLAN 2 for my soon-to-be site-to-site OpenVPN, VLAN 3 for my IPSec back to my office and VLAN 15 for Guest Access that never touches any other network. On the pfSense, I'd have the four VLANs all have virtual interfaces sharing the same NIC.

VLAN1: 10.0.0.1/24 (Internal. Can route to VLAN2)
VLAN2: 10.0.1.1/24 (OpenVPN, can route to VLAN1)
VLAN3: 10.0.2.1/24 (Office, only route out)
VLAN15: 172.31.1.1/24 (Guest, only route out)

Of course, the AP would also probably be running the LACP script that several people came up with.

Is this configuration at all possible??? There was really no mention of VLAN Tagging on the wireless interfaces. Thanks so much for the help!

Jim

I know this thread is a couple of months old, but were you ever able to find a solution? I'm trying to deal with a similar issue. My pfSense box only has two NICs, with no space to add more, and I'd really like to carry on using my AC68U in AP mode, segregating only the Guest wifi.