What's new

AC1500 Modem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

fkurtz1

New Around Here
Have one coming next week My purpose was
1. Increase signal strength
2. Faster downloads for the very back of my house approx. 40 Ft. and 3 walls from modem location.
Any suggestion?

your topic and post is a bit hard to understand from a language perspective.

Many of the AC1900 routers will do what you want but you lack details. I think someone needs to sticky a thread of how to ask for a router recommendation.

for router
1) How much internet bandwidth do you have for download and upload and what protocol (PPPOE, standard DHCP over ethernet,...)
2) what routing features do you need? QoS? Configurable? UTM? Hotspot, etc? MPLS?RIP?
3) What kind of load do you expect in terms of users and connections (i.e. must support thousands of torrent connections?)
4) budget
5) What kind of a particular (PPTP, SSTP,openVPN,etc) VPN speeds are you expecting if you intend to use VPN.

for wifi
1) square feet and obstruction
2) Client performance and protocol supported
3) features (for non consumer stuff or scheduler or even MAC control)
4) budget
5) Key properties (do you place priority on reliability? performance?)

and a disclaimer to not expect performance from wifi despite high theoratical speeds.