What's new

AC66R dropping 5Ghz signal

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cleanfreak

New Around Here
I have a Samsung TV connected wireless to the 5Ghz channel. While trying to stream from Amazon prime, the 5Ghz channel will drop out about every 5-7 minutes.

Current Firmware is: 3.0.0.4.374_5517

Any help?

thanks
cf

Reset router.
Manually configure WiFi settings instead of Auto.

Go to Sumsung website and see if there is a firmware update for your TV. Put the firmware on to USB stick and flash your TV using through menu.

Reset router.
Manually configure WiFi settings instead of Auto.

Go to Sumsung website and see if there is a firmware update for your TV. Put the firmware on to USB stick and flash your TV using through menu.

Thanks for your reply.

I have already updated the firmware on the TV via USB several months ago and I checked for a new firmware version and it states it is up to date.

I have reset the router, but I need a little more clarity on the 'wifi' settings you speak of. Under wireless, the only two items I see with an "auto" setting is the 'control and extension channel'.

Thanks for your help

Thanks for your reply.

I have already updated the firmware on the TV via USB several months ago and I checked for a new firmware version and it states it is up to date.

I have reset the router, but I need a little more clarity on the 'wifi' settings you speak of. Under wireless, the only two items I see with an "auto" setting is the 'control and extension channel'.

Thanks for your help

Extension channel will always be Auto, unless asus decides to give us manual control. But its fine and it works, as long as you manually set main channel.