What's new

AC66U Merlin 374.40 Beta 1/3.0.0.4.374.39

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jazdevi

New Around Here
[Solved] AC66U Merlin 374.40 Beta 1/3.0.0.4.374.39

Thanks to you guys, I solved my previous issue. Hopefully you can help me solve this one as well.

Recently I started having issues with my wireless upload speed. I tried installing the latest firmware, resetting etc and it's still pretty much limited to 3Mbit.

Wireless:
92Mbit down
3Mbit up

Wired:
95Mbit down
12Mbit up (What I'm paying for)

The issue started quite recently, and I haven't managed to figure out why. I hope you guys can tell me!

Last edited:
Thanks to you guys, I solved my previous issue. Hopefully you can help me solve this one as well.

Recently I started having issues with my wireless upload speed. I tried installing the latest firmware, resetting etc and it's still pretty much limited to 3Mbit.

Wireless:
92Mbit down
3Mbit up

Wired:
95Mbit down
12Mbit up (What I'm paying for)

The issue started quite recently, and I haven't managed to figure out why. I hope you guys can tell me!

Have you tried manipulating the Wireless settings?

Try changing the Control Channel to something different.
Make sure you are using WPA2-Personal for Authority (older encryption methods can cripple your wireless speeds)

Let us know what frequency your wireless devices are on (ie. 2.4GHz or 5GHz), and we can suggest specific settings you can try if the above two suggestions do not help you.

Have you tried manipulating the Wireless settings?

Try changing the Control Channel to something different.
Make sure you are using WPA2-Personal for Authority (older encryption methods can cripple your wireless speeds)

Let us know what frequency your wireless devices are on (ie. 2.4GHz or 5GHz), and we can suggest specific settings you can try if the above two suggestions do not help you.

Yes, I've tried different settings as well as different channels. The upload speed is 3Mbit on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz. This PC is on the 5GHz band.

I just tried it on my laptop that also uses the 5GHz band, and for some reason, I got the full 10Mbit. Perhaps it's an adapter issue. USB-AC56

edit: I always think of new things to try right after I ask for help. I fixed it by reinstalling the USB adapter drivers.

I really appreciate that you tried to help!

Last edited: