What's new

AC66U not working after 380.57 FW upgrade

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

nyfirefly11

New Around Here
EDIT: I figured out the power/connection issue - it's now up and running. But the system clock is 6 months behind. Any ideas?

Original post:

I already had 378.55 installed on my AC-66U, and it was working great (with the exception of the system time being 45 days behind). I was hoping 380.57 would help, so I performed the upgrade - it uploaded, flashed and told me to manually reboot.

I pulled the power out for 30+ seconds, plugged it backed in, and I couldn't access the router via the https static IP/port I set up.

Any ideas? Should I do a hard reset?

Also, once I get it back up (assuming I can), and the time still isn't right, any ideas on what to do about that? I've tried multiple NTP servers, but it doesn't seem to ping them.

P.S. My AC66U is acting as a wifi AP plugged into my N66U (which has 378.55 and a correct system time).

Last edited:
Note that 380.57 also does not drive the LEDs of my RT-AC66U correctly and that ASUS has not yet released an official 380 firmware. I suggest to try asuswrt-merlin 378.56.2 first. Works for me (in Aceess Point mode).

Also, I was advised to follow this procedure if the device does not behave as expected. In my case, it didn't help, though.

Haven't had any NTP issues so far. Which NTP servers did you try? Did you configure server names; if so, does the AP have a working DNS server configured? Can you ping the NTP servers from your AP?

Last edited:

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!