What's new

AC66U PPTP VPN Setup

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Veranor

New Around Here
Hey I've been following the tutorials on setting up the PPTP VPN piece of the AC66U, but I've been having trouble with the connectivity once the connection is made.

I use my MAC and my Android to connect, but can only ping the router gateway and not the dlna server on the home network. Here's a cap of my config:

893335c836c66eaa5d5b65e62776c3cb.png

Are there any other settings that I missed here? Do I need to add a static route to the router or the client? Or even the dlna server?

Hey I've been following the tutorials on setting up the PPTP VPN piece of the AC66U, but I've been having trouble with the connectivity once the connection is made.

I use my MAC and my Android to connect, but can only ping the router gateway and not the dlna server on the home network. Here's a cap of my config:

893335c836c66eaa5d5b65e62776c3cb.png

Are there any other settings that I missed here? Do I need to add a static route to the router or the client? Or even the dlna server?

You have the IP range for VPN clients set to 192.168.10.2 through 192.168.10.11.

You want these VPN IP addresses to be in the same subnet as your LAN, which, by default, is 192.168.1.x.

So free up a block of at least ten IP addresses in the DHCP range.

Then set the VPN IP range to ten addresses in the freed up block (i.e., outside the DHCP range).

For example, I have my DHCP range set to 192.168.1.101 through 192.168.1.150, and then I have the VPN IP range set to 192.168.1.201 through 192.168.1.210.