What's new

AC68U - Reset button and WPS 30 seconds, what and how...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kishork

Regular Contributor
Hi,

Apologies I am sure this is asked earlier but i am not able to trace the post..

What is the difference between pressing Reset button on the back and WPS 30 second hold..

Searched the manual of AC68R but it says nothing of the Reset button or WPS 30 seconds..

What is the most correct to set factory defaults? what is NVRAM clearing? what is 30-30-30?

please let me know..

The reset button is for while the router is already turned on.

The WPS button is for while the router is off, and you turn it on while the button is pressed.

The reset button is for while the router is already turned on.

The WPS button is for while the router is off, and you turn it on while the button is pressed.

Thanks Marlin.. i appreciate your responses..

Just for my correct understanding of this:

1. does that mean both achieve the same thing?

2. when the router is powered on, reset button to be kept pressed for how long? once is enough or that kind of 30 seconds?

Thanks Marlin.. i appreciate your responses..

Just for my correct understanding of this:

1. does that mean both achieve the same thing?

2. when the router is powered on, reset button to be kept pressed for how long? once is enough or that kind of 30 seconds?

1) They're pretty much the same thing, yes.

2) I don't remember exactly, but I think 5 seconds is enough. You will see if after releasing the reset button the router LEDs start showing some activity as the router is rebooting.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!