What's new

ac88U- Wireless networks work but no DHCP IP

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

chris n

Occasional Visitor
I cant seem to hand out a DHCP address to any of my wirless devices. i setup a 2.4 and 5ghz gues ssid and i can connect to those fine and get a IP address.

but the ones i configured in Wireless, the 2.4 , 5ghz1 and 5ghz2, will not give me a DHCP address.

the guest ones hand me a DHCP address from the rtr, and "Access intranet" seems to working

any ideas? i gotta get the RTRs Broadcast IP helper addy into the SSID interfaces; i guess or vlan or something.. has to be on the same broadcast domain or defined somwhere.

anyone have a good breakdown over how DHCP server is defined is asus router lan? is it defined different in the asus router Wlan?

RT-AC88U
Firmware Version 380.64_2

Last edited:
You've said in your other post here that your router's WAN port is incorrectly assigned to LAN port 4. If this is true then it suggests that there is something fundamentally misconfigured with the router. If you fix the issue with the WAN port I'm sure your DHCP problem will go away.

Also, it's not a good idea to publically post your entire NVRAM output as it contains your user ID's and passwords in plain text as well as your external IP address.

Also, it's not a good idea to publically post your entire NVRAM output as it contains your user ID's and passwords in plain text as well as your external IP address.
no worries, all that info isnt going to be production. will be changed;

i found this line in NVRAM. do you guys know how the WL interfaces line up with SSIDs? im thinking i need to add the sub wl interfaces to below.

lan_ifnames=vlan1 eth1 eth2 eth3 wl0.1 wl1.1

note. when it was broken i had 2 5GHZ radios in the configuration page,now only 1 after reflash
Yes I noticed that, which is why I suggested you reflash the firmware. It's almost as if you had loaded it with a config for the AC5300 or AC3200 by mistake.