What's new

Access Home Network

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

P

Pir8pete

I have the iPhone AiCloud app with Smart Access enabled and love how I can login from anywhere and view my entire home network, wake up a pc etc...

Now my question is can this be done from another PC, say from my work pc if I need to view/stream files?

I have searched and the only information found is when using another pc to view files is having a external drive, usb stick plugged into the routers usb port. Doesn't make much sense, asus should have made it so we can logged in to our network on the router just like using the mobile app.

So I just type in my ddns into the address bar in Firefox and it'll prompt me for the login and password and then I'll be able to view my network?

EDIT:

Got it now, thx

Last edited by a moderator:
this is very nice, now how would I make another account to login and limit what folders it can go into?

this is very nice, now how would I make another account to login and limit what folders it can go into?

You can't. Only the main router account can be used to log in.

what about "Network Place(Samba) Share / Cloud Disk" and "FTP Share", or is that just for whats plugged into the usb port on the router

what about "Network Place(Samba) Share / Cloud Disk" and "FTP Share", or is that just for whats plugged into the usb port on the router

Correct, that's for USB connected disks.