What's new

Actiontec Q1000 (transparent bridge) + Asus RT-N66W = Wired network not working?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

intelCore

New Around Here
Hi, I recently bought an Asus RT-N66W to use for my home network. I currently have an Actiontec Q1000 which I want to use solely as a modem. I want the Asus RT-N66W to do the rest of the work: routing, wifi, firewall, etc.

A picture is worth a thousand words, so I made this picture. Hopefully, it's easy to understand:

RAy2igg.png

In the original configuration on top, everything works fine. But, when I change the Actiontec into transparent bridge mode and use the Asus RT-N66W for routing, wifi, everything else, etc. then my devices connected into the Netgear Prosafe GS116E can't connect?

The LAN ports on the Asus RT-N66W work. I've connected a laptop to them and they all connect to the internet just fine. But for some strange reason, the GS116E switch doesn't work in the bottom configuration?

Does anyone have any idea what's going on? Am I missing a crucial step to get this working?

Thank you for reading :)

Last edited:
This is strange. When I ran the IPCONFIG /ALL command, it shows that the computer is still connecting to 192.168.0.x instead of 192.168.1.x?

I tried the following but nothing worked:
  • ipconfig /release
  • ipconfig /flush
  • netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt
Any ideas?

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online