What's new

Addition of Block Internet Access

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

remsta

New Around Here
Hi All,

So it took me ages to find this out but after lots of Googling I got there. I have 3 cameras all connected to homekit via Scrypted. These are Reolink and Tapo cameras which I don't want broadcasting to their respective apps, obviously for privacy reasons and so I need to block their internet connection. This was impossible to do from the web-configurator of my RT-AX88U Pro (also the old 86U I had) and could only be done from the mobile app.

Could someone add this as a feature to the Merlin firmware please?

On the mobile app, you simply go to devices and press the block icon to the left of each device and boom, internet access blocked.

Thank you

Hi All,

So it took me ages to find this out but after lots of Googling I got there. I have 3 cameras all connected to homekit via Scrypted. These are Reolink and Tapo cameras which I don't want broadcasting to their respective apps, obviously for privacy reasons and so I need to block their internet connection. This was impossible to do from the web-configurator of my RT-AX88U Pro (also the old 86U I had) and could only be done from the mobile app.

Could someone add this as a feature to the Merlin firmware please?

On the mobile app, you simply go to devices and press the block icon to the left of each device and boom, internet access blocked.

Thank you
Nothing to add, there is already an option to block internet access in the stock and Asus-Merlin firmware. Both can block from the Network Map > Client dialog window. And one can use Asus-Merlin Parental Controls section to block Internet Access per client.

blockinternet.jpg

Can't you just use the "Block Internet Access" button in the Network Map - Client status list?
Yes. This always worked for devices on the Router's subnet. But the option is not available for devices on a router assigned VLAN.

Further, the Network Services Filter will not accept VLAN source IPs.

Big deficiency with current PRO AsusWRT firmware.

Use skynet

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!