What's new

advice buying a good router and modem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Cazzoi

Regular Contributor
Hey all. I need some advice to buy a really good router and modem for a budget around under $100 my girlfriend need a good one with all b/n/g and the ac with all function.
atm my girlfriend have "Suddenlink" and not getting the right speed and paying for 200mb download/20 upload broadband atm she got the router and modem that Suddenlink gave her. And she getting 130-50mb/20mb from the phone and the Tablet and the computer she is getting download 30mb/upload 19mb on cable for some reason here the compuer details
https://www.blinq.com/detail/electr...top-pc-4gb-500gb-windows-8-zx4270-ur32/153478

BUT the ps4 25 download / 3.5mbs upload we dont know how to speed em up ive check the port for the ps4 but it didt go though still the same speed

we don't know what to do.

We need some guides and some help and advice. Can anyone please help do we really need a new router and modem?

Thanks

You can search some suppliers in Internet and consult the supplier for the suitable router and modem.

Don't buy a router/modem all-in-one combo. Lease the modem. Buy the router...
I suggest NOT buying a cable/DSL modem - gives ISP excuse to bill you for service calls.
Router: my ASUS RT-N56U (not 11ac) allows my Samsung S6 to get 110/10Mbps on speedtest.net using 5GHz on this 11n router.