What's new

Advice for new router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

emmartins

New Around Here
Hi all, I have 2 routers, a Thomson TG784n and a Netgear WNDR3700 v1, one in each level of my duplex house, and I'm tired of poor range by both in some locations inside, so I'm looking for a new router to replace the Netgear, that maximizes my chances of good wifi signal (and performance). I have plenty of Apple stuff so the new Aiport Xtreme could be an option, and even if money is not a big deal I somehow feel that for 200 EUR I should get much more than it provides.

What do the forum experts recommend? Thanks in advance.

All of the data on this site is refined down to this:

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/rankers/router/view

It all depends what your needs and tastes are. Do you have ac clients? Do you have 5 GHz n clients? How much are you willing to spend?

That chart will answer all your questions by using test data.

Personally I've been very well served by my ASUS RT-N66U as I have no ac clients, but my needs and preferences may be different than yours.