What's new

Advice on a new AC WiFi laptop adapter

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Can you get an AC 8260 instead? May as well get the latest one (the price difference will be minimal).

If not, I have upgraded a few Asus laptops with the card you have linked to with no issues (using Windows 10).

Can you get an AC 8260 instead? May as well get the latest one (the price difference will be minimal).

If not, I have upgraded a few Asus laptops with the card you have linked to with no issues (using Windows 10).

Nice, is the one i linked fast on 5 Ghz? i got a 150MB internet connection on my iphone and samsung i get the full 150MB on 5Ghz. Will this also be on my laptop with this card?

The 7260 and 7265 are very good upgrades for older intel based machines.

Make sure to check part numbers when ordering as these come in a bunch of different form factors - all with the same model number - both for antenna side as well as the card side, and then also consider the size of the card.

If one doesn't exist for your form-factor, then the alternate approach would be getting a USB adapter and disable the internal one (via BIOS or worst case, physically remove it)

Nice, is the one i linked fast on 5 Ghz? i got a 150MB internet connection on my iphone and samsung i get the full 150MB on 5Ghz. Will this also be on my laptop with this card?

I don't have or don't know anyone with an ISP connection even half that. :)

is the one i linked fast on 5 Ghz? i got a 150MB internet connection on my iphone and samsung i get the full 150MB on 5Ghz. Will this also be on my laptop with this card?
to answer this for you yes any 2 x 2 wireless ac card that can sync at 867M will be able to do your 150M as long as you are close to the router , of course if you move away from the router your sync rate will drop and thus your throughput and since 5 gig drops signal wise far quicker than 2.4 gig your results on 5 gig will be determined by the sync rate you are getting based on the distance to the router and objects in the way

it also depends on what router you are using in combination with the adapter