What's new

Advice on buying new router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Rossmon

Occasional Visitor
Hi Im sure this is asked all the time but its 9/24 and interested in 9/24 answers!
After waiting since last Feb. full 10gb fibre is going active and i have an install date fir oct4.
So whats the best least expensive purchase with 10gb wan port and at least 2 10gb outputs. I’ve used and installed all the brands over a lifetime career in IT but retired and not up on the latest. Im partial to ASUS, running an obsolete rt ac5300 now.
With that said, i’ll start looking around!

Thanks
Ross

Looks to be the latest and closest from asus.

You will likely have to go with a different company to get what you are asking for AND have it be able to handle 10G WAN-LAN , LAN-LAN and do anything else. WIFI 7 is a work in progress from what i read. So expect unstable firmware.

If you want high-end hardware like that, I think you'd be nuts to get an AIO router. Get a wired-only router and some wifi APs. The router will be good for years if not decades; the APs not so much.