What's new

Advice on ECB1200 or EAP1200H Wireless Access Points for a new house

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Please Vote:

• ECB 1200

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • EAP 1200H

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

skinhealer

New Around Here
Hello All,

Need some advice. I am a some what of a novice to the wireless world.

I have a house which is about 4300 Sq feet with a basement/first/second floor and would like to get net all over the house. The length of the house is 68' by 25'. Will be having 2 access points. Will be having ethernet to all my rooms with a switch in the basement likely will be a used HP on eBay. I want to use it for the basic and streaming like hulu, netflix and etc.. will be using apple TV as well.

I have boiled it down to these two devices just because it is .ac.

I don't know what the difference between these two are and what would make me choose one over the other. The price is imp but it is a one time purchase so don't mind spending a little ahead first.

One is ceiling mount without antennas and one has external antennas. Just look at the specs/datasheets from engenius product website and it can help you compare the various features they have.