What's new

Advice on SMB dual-band N AP's with repeater?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

schwank

New Around Here
Our office is moving to a new facility and I would like to upgrade our wireless access at the same time. We are a small company with 35 employees, all using primarily wired ethernet. Wireless is generally used for light surfing in the conference room, at our outdoor lunch table, and maybe some light mobile VOIP... we do not use it for anything critical.

I would like two simultaneous dual-band N wireless units, with one setup to repeat the other for good coverage. These will be plugged directly into the corporate network with DHCP handled by our primary servers... no real need for guest access as generally we have no visitors and users are all company employees.

So far based on reading around here it seems like the Netgear WNDR3700 might be my best choice. I know it is a consumer unit but since we don't need any fancy routing features these seem to cover our needs at a fair price. The Cisco units don't get that great of reviews and we really can't afford to go with a true enterprise solution, which might be overkill anyway.

Thoughts? Other options? Thanks!