What's new

AiMesh not connecting from ethernet

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rsunny2012

Regular Contributor
Hello,

I have main router as GT-AC5300. i have purchased RT-AC5300 and connected as Aimesh node. i have updated the router (RT-AC5300) to latest firmware and resetted the router. I have connected the router via ethernet cable.
I have logged into main router and searched for aimesh node.
After configured the node , i saw that its in wireless mode. i have changed the node config from Auto to ethernet.
I saw the connection as wired.
My main issue is when clients are connecting to node, i see that they are connecting only to 1 5ghz band. they are not connecting to 2nd 5ghz. since RT-AC5300 is tri band router how can i make devices connected to 2nd 5ghz device or am i doing anything wrong here

Can you send feedback with system log, wifi log by Feedback function ? Please take you ID@SNB with feedback.

Just send feedback by Feedback function.... i will receive.

Out of curiosity. Imprint have a 3band node.
How do you see on what radio clients connect to? From web? Cli? Or from the client?

HI Arthurlien,

i couldn't able to send feedback directly as something is blocked from my home. i did send the email (router_feedback@asus.com)
as suggested by the error message

Hello,

this is what i am observing from my routers

I have kept my main router on 2nd floor and RT-AC5300 on 3rd floor. i have connected RT-AC5300 from ethernet cable. i have ethernet cabling on all my bedrooms which is connected to switch in a closet.
After connecting using ethernet cable, i have configured Aimesh. i am able to connect my clients to router and node without any issue
Main issue here is i am unable to use both bands simultaneously.
I see that few of my clients are connecting to 5Ghz - 1 Band on main router and other clients on 3rd floor connects to 5Ghz-2 band
sometimes i see that few clients connects to 5Ghz-2 band on main router and other clients on 3rd floor connects to 5ghZ-1 band.
I never see any clients connecting to both 5Ghz bands ( 1 and 2) after i configured Aimesh. before configuring Aimesh, i see that clients are getting connecting to both bands on main router
I got these routers to utilize all 3 bands.
I have configured Aimesh using ethernet and Wired configuration. but on Asus router app i see that Aimesh is configured in wireless mode where as from Webi its confugured in Wired mode
i am confused here
i want all the 3 bands to be utilized since i am using ethernet backhaul

Thanks

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!