What's new

alt vpn ports

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dipole

New Around Here
Just got a RT-ac68u and set up VPN (openVPN) and it works great from everyplace except the place I need it most, work. They must be blocking that port. Is there a way to change port numbers for the router?

You can change port under VPN => VPN-details => English Standardvärde : 1194, that seems to be rubbich i translation but right place.

Just got a RT-ac68u and set up VPN (openVPN) and it works great from everyplace except the place I need it most, work. They must be blocking that port. Is there a way to change port numbers for the router?

Just as a quick heads up - if the office is blocking OpenVPN ports - it's likely for a reason...

Might want to review your companies IT policies here, otherwise you might find yourself seeking another position...

And yes, if you have an IT group worth it's salt, they will find you :D

sfx

Thanks for the heads up. I've actually been using PIA VPN for the past year but why pay for something I can get for free with my own VPN. One question though, I found where to change ports but I am still not able to connect, do I need to open that port on the router (if the router is doing the VPN) or does changing the port tell the router that it needs to open that port?

Last edited:

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!