What's new

Any DECT 6.0 1.9GHz WiFi friendly Cordless Phone pairs with a Bluetooth Heaset?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

crashnburn

Regular Contributor
Any DECT 6.0 1.9GHz WiFi friendly Cordless Phone pairs with a Bluetooth Heaset?
Few Questions:

What specs does a cordless phone need to have to be Wireless BGN friendly?
Does this DECT thing have to be part of it?

I've been reading about DECT 6.0 1.9GHz phones being the thing. Do enlighten me please.

If so, please point me to the best/ economical DECT compliant phones available in the USA, UK, Germany, Hongkong/ Singapore.

(I am currently in India so I'll have to source from one of the above locations)

BONUS: If it can pair with a Bluetooth headset for calls.

----------------- From HoFo Forums -------------------------
I know there are a couple, including a vTech phone that is carried at WalMart.

But, be warned. What do you want the bluetooth to do? There seem to be two approaches to implementing bluetooth technology in a landline phone...one lets you hook the base to your cell phone, to make calls from the existing handset. The other pairs a headset to the phone, as you would with a cell phone.

Which way interests you most?

I am talking about and asking about the second approach. I want to pair my Bluetooth headset with a Cordless landline phone so that I can use it as conveniently as my Cell phone. (Obviously the BT Headset must support Multi point Pairing and switching in between).

I have no interest in using my Cell phone via the Cordless phone at the moment as outlined by you as the first approach. That could be a bonus if I ever want/ need it in the future.

As you mentioned please point me to some of them - The vTech Walmart model number etc.. and others... It would really help.

Never seen a cordless phone handset that can do a Bluetooth pairing.
the Phone handset would need to be quite nearby.