What's new

Any opinions on Zonet ZSR4154WE 802.11 b,g 802.11n 150mbps ??

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

zjohnr

Regular Contributor
I'm still looking for a basic but reasonably functional and reliable wireless router solution for a friend. She would only use 802.11g and then probably mostly just for Internet surfing and the occasional streaming video. Hulu perhaps? (She has an ancient (to me) Pentium 3 laptop and I'm not sure what usage it can support.)

So far I've been lurking around the ebay auctions for a Netgear WGR614 v9 or v10. (But I'm also open to other suggestions if you have any! :D)

Today I noticed that newegg has a "sale" on a Zonet ZSR4154WE for $20 shipped. This is around the price range I've been looking on ebay so I am curious. However, I can't decide whether it's worth risking handing over to my non-tech savy friend.

Hence this post. Perhaps I can get some feedback which will nudge me in one direction or the other.

The more I look around the less I feel I know what I'm looking for. Especially with 802.11g products since all the discussion now is focused on the various flavors of 802.11n.

Reading through specs seems to be getting harder and harder. I half expect to one day find a bullet point highlighting "All components delivered in convenient industry standard 'box' format" ;) :mad: