What's new

any router that will allow me to attach classic printer with no drivers

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

heehee62

Occasional Visitor
I've got a canon multipass f80 printer. I contacted canon for windows 8.1 drivers for the printer but the lastest drivers they have is for windows xp.

So they tell me there's no windows 8.1 support and I won't be able to get the printer working with my laptop.

Is there anyway to get my classic printer working with all my current devices (or at least my windows 8.1 laptop) including android phone, ipad, and windows 8.1 and 7 laptops?

I thought netgear routers had a different print server setup and might be able to work. Am I right about that?

I can trade other people to switch routers so that won't cost me anything but buying a new printer would.

Thanks.

Given that this printer was introduced in 2002 I doubt that any current routers are going to easily if at all allow you to plug this printer into a USB port and print. You can always try and see what happens.

The second option is to go to a web site such as Monoprice and buy a USB/ Ethernet printer network adapter. I think you can find them for less than $20 and they will support both USB 1.1 & 2.0 standards. You then can try plugging the adapter into your router or worst case into an Ethernet port on a PC.

You may need an older computer to set the device up as the latest version of Windows they seem to support is Windows 7. Again you may need to experiment to keep your legacy printer functioning.

Good luck!